Thursday, May 21, 2009

How to simplify your social media routine

Leo Babauta, the creator of the blog Zen Habits, has written a piece in Mashable on how to simplify your social media routine. It's an insightful read. I believe most people find themselves in social media overload from time to time, and his post might come in handy. In my case, this is particularly true with twitter (though it is adictive :)). Leo's advise is,

1. Use simple tools to make the most of social media.
2. Focus on sending on high impact messages.
3. let go of the need to read everything.
4. Simplify and only use some social media.
5. Form close relationships with people who give you the most value, not everyone.
6. Manage your time wisely.


I particularly like #4, since most of the time I feel I need use every form of social media, instead of just staying with a few I like. At the moment, the ones I use the most are facebook and twitter, in that order. We'll see how that progresses over time.

No comments:

Post a Comment